January 4 - March 28, 2024 Participating two live online lectures every Thursday from 6:00 – 8:00 PM Eastern US Time, or taking the recorded lectures Course Fee: $299 SIGN UP FOR MORE INFORMATION
“Introduction to Greenhouse Environmental Control for Crop Production” is a 13-week certificate course designed and offered by ADVANCEA. The course will provide students with foundational information about the essentials of greenhouse environment control for a variety of commonly-grown crops. The course is designed to be equivalent to an upper-level college course and requires entry-level understanding of modern greenhouse production systems.
During this course, students will:
- Review greenhouse crop production systems and management strategies
- Be able to describe why and how important environmental parameters are controlled using sensors and control systems
- Gain sufficient insight in the basics of energy and mass transfer to understand the key plant-environment interactions in greenhouses
- Learn the basics of sensors and control logic to optimize greenhouse conditions
- Become familiar with recent developments in greenhouse control strategies
🗓️ ADVANCEA Academy Schedule
Please click the PDF link below to view the schedule
Course Delivery Method
- Live lectures are scheduled weekly (two lectures per week). All lectures will be recorded for those students who wish to take this course based on recorded lectures.
- Course content management system (D2L Community) will be used.
Learning Materials for Students Access
- Individual login to course site (D2L Community)
- Lecture recordings
- A PDF file of slides used for each lecture
- 10-12 quizzes for knowledge check for each lecture
- Additional links for reading materials or digital contents/tools
- A certificate of completion will be granted to students who complete the course.
- Lecture specific quizzes will be used to assess the completion of course.
Course instructors include researchers from the U.S. and the Netherlands (Delphy):
- A.J. Both, Rutgers University
- Murat Kacira, University of Arizona
- Chieri Kubota, Ohio State University
- Peter Ling, Ohio State University
- Guil Signorini, Ohio State University
- Ken Tran, Koidra Inc.
- Fengqi You, Cornell University
- Laura Bautista, Delphy
- Lisanne Helmus-Schuddebeurs, Delphy
- Stijn Jochems, Delphy
- Alex van Klink, Delphy
- Max van den Hemel, Delphy